Thursday, April 14, 2016

I'm getting there

So, slowly I'm getting back into running.  Last week I ran two days and was working on my form.  I was hitting with my heels and I needed to be running more on the balls of my feet.  So, while Becky was out of town I took the opportunity to run in a flat area and just focus on that.

I also got fitted for new running shoes, since after talking to running friends and doing my own research if you don't have the right shoes you can get shin splints as well.  But, the wrong ones came....so I need to make a trip back to REI to exchange them.

Today Becky and I ran almost 3 miles.  I noticed a big difference with my form and didn't have to think about it.  Tomorrow we have 4 miles and it is back to our regular training schedule.

Meanwhile, I have been focusing on my weightlifting at the gym and elliptical cardio to stay in shape for hiking season :-)


Time to start planning my section hiking trips and arranging for shuttles.  Last year I had to end my hiking season early because of a sprained ankle and a fractured leg, so I am ready to get back to it.  My son and Becky want to try backpacking and overnight trips so... I might not get as many miles in as originally planned, but maybe someone else will appreciate the solitude of the trail and enjoy it as much as me.




No comments:

Post a Comment